I figured last night basically counted as a Monday, so I planned to whip up a quick gauge swatch for Weasley (since I'm switching to size 5's, and need to figure out how many stitches to cast on for a sweater to fit me), and make a snowflake.
However, I was out of clean dishes. After washing the mountain of dirty dishes, I didn't even have enough time to finish the gauge swatch... although I did manage about two thirds of it. I cast on for an expected size of 6"x6", but the edges must behave funny... even though I hit the exact stitch gauge, the swatch was only 5.5" wide. So I made it 5.5" tall... I'm going to turn it into one of those cute little swatch bunnies!
I have a horrible time trying to count stitches and rows, so I added a little scrap of thread every five stitches across, and then every four rows up (so that I'd always be adding on a knit row). I hit the stitch gauge exactly, but I'm off on the row count. I don't care, though... it's fairly close.
Deneen: Thanks again for the needles! They work great. :) They don't seem to want to straighten out, but I imagine the weight of Weasley will take care of that.
Tonight I'm moping around. I finished off this swatch, had a bowl of cereal for dinner (even though I still have clean dishes and could have cooked something... I wanted "comfort food" tonight), and then wrapped myself up in my fuzzy housecoat and read a chapter. I'm going to head to bed early tonight too. I'm feeling rather crummy. :P
I may make a snowflake tonight... or I may just go to bed. I hope you have a nice evening.