Sunday, July 10, 2005

Water Torture

Water Torture
Water Torture

If you thought Chinese water torture was bad...

Last night I decided to convince the uptight Boye knitting needles that they actually wanted to straighten out. I bound them to the longest chopsticks I had, weighted them with a glass fish spoonrest (from Barbados... neat place), added a little bit of hot-from-the-tap water, then doused them with a full kettle of boiling water. I let them stew for about half an hour, and then pulled the plug (I attached a string before adding the boiling water... I'm not completely daft). I left them bound overnight, for a mandatory cooling off period, just so they wouldn't get any ideas. This morning I let them out on probation.

It appears that old habits die hard... they were willing to walk the straight and narrow (mostly) when they were first set free, but now they are returning to their old, twisty ways. They haven't completely reverted, but I imagine they just waiting until I'm not looking.

Oh well... soon they'll have the weight of Weasley on them.

No comments: