Monday, July 04, 2005

Not a snowflake

afghan square #17
afghan square #17

I had intended to reserve today for snowflakes, but that didn't happen. Instead I finished off the sockapal2za socks, assembled some more furniture for my friend (wielding a rubber mallet this time), baked pita bread, and used leftover sockapal2za yarn to make this square for my superwash wool afghan. It's thinner than the other squares, but the difference isn't too bad, since I'm using DK weight yarn for the rest, and this was thick for sock yarn. This is my "memories of sockapal2za square."

Were I to do this square again, I'd change where I started the stripes (I'd start near the upper left corner, not the upper right), and I ended up with a few sc in a row due to a mistake I had to correct (and then didn't have enough yarn... I didn't notice the mistake until after I snipped the black thread). Oh well... that's life.

This afghan is going to look rather ridiculous when finished... and may even end up being an ugly-ghan. However, I don't care. It will still keep me warm. And if anyone comments, I'll say it's the "riddikulus spell" embodied, for keeping boggarts and bad dreams away. ;)

No comments: