Sunday, July 17, 2005

Perchance to Dream

Cherries
Cherries

I love cherries. Cherries don't love me. Sometimes I can eat them, sometimes I can't... and sometimes I eat them anyway.

There were luscious cherries on sale at the store today. MMMM! I couldn't resist. I washed them up for dessert with my friend. However, we were both stuffed on pizza, so she only ate one, and I ate a few.

Today was not a "good cherry day". Itchy lips, and chewing on my cheeks. If my allergist were here, she'd tell me to use my epipen, but I know this particular reaction isn't life threatening. It's never gotten to the "having trouble breathing" point.

However, I didn't think it too smart to eat the entire bag of cherries myself. I sent half of them home with my friend. This is what's left... both tempting and taunting me.

I think I'll bring them in to share with K tomorrow. (If I'm going to push the envelope, it's good to have someone there just in case. And I don't think she'll say no to having a few herself.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm...cherries are yummy! :) Sorry you have allergic reactions to them?

Why would your allergist tell you to use your epipen for something that, at least from your description, sounds rather mild? I thought you were generally supposed to save the epipen for emergencies?

noricum said...

Itchy lips and swelling cheeks mean that my throat could be swelling too... and if it swells shut, then it's too late to use the epipen.

Anonymous said...

But wouldn't you notice you were having trouble breathing before it was too late?

noricum said...

That's what I hope. ;)