Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Murphy doesn't like me.

I did manage to get the new plates, arriving with a printed photo of a signed letter about eight minutes before they closed. The lady was already bundled up in many layers (have I mentioned the windchill is around -40 today?), but she stayed to process me. Yay!

Then I caught good connections on the way home... I caught the super-express bus to downtown, and then the bus that gets me closest was only moments behind. (It was close enough that I thought I might miss it.) Double yay!

When I got home, I managed to see enough through my frosted glasses in the dark that I was able to screw the licence plates in. (Whee. Brrrrrr!)

However, even though I got the plates, I decided not to go to the art club after all. I think I'm coming down with something. I have a bit of a sore throat, tender lymph nodes in my neck, hot flashes and a drippy nose. Plus that general "ugh" feeling. I almost went anyway, but then decided that I should save my energy for office hours tomorrow. (Sigh.)

I'm thinking perhaps the students coming to visit me may have taken to heart the saying "all I need to know I learned in Kindergarten"... they may be fuzzy on their long division (that came after kindergarten), but *someone* shared their germs with me.

On a brighter note, the Celtic Knot Sweater has my back:
Back
I thought this was going to be a set-in sleeve from my first glance through at the pattern, but it turns out to be modified drop shoulder. It sure is nice and warm laying on my lap. :)

No comments: