Friday, January 11, 2008

I'll have mine without, please

Ugh! I just discovered bugs in the box of chocolate my dad gave me. :( One squished bug (away from the actual chocolate), two pupae (one empty, the other I don't know), and some webbing on two of the chocolates. *shudder* I've already eaten some!!!

I prefer my chocolate without the obvious extra protein, please.

(It was really nice of him to give them to me... it was definitely the store or manufacturer's fault, since he had brought them directly from there to here.)

5 comments:

Katy said...

ewwwwwwwwwwww! That's so icky that I'm at a loss for words.

Anonymous said...

How awful! Fortunately, there's lots more chocolate in the world. May your days be filled with bug-free chocolate henceforth! (How's that for a blessing on your new home?)

H

Kelli said...

I had that experience with a bag of those Hershey's miniatures (you may not be familiar with those, as you don't care for Hershey's chocolate, but, hey, I was a kid!) Anyway, the Mr. Goodbars, which are chocolate with peanuts, had worms in them. Eeeeeeewwwwww. I can't see a Mr. Goodbar even today without thinking about the worms. *shudder*

noricum said...

Ewwwww! :P

Swaha Miller said...

OMG! We got some chocolate from Germany, one of which was Ritter Sport white chocolate with whole hazelnuts. When we first opened it, it was fine. A few days later there was webbing on it and we found a dead pupae. I think the worm(s) was inside the "whole hazelnuts"!

Its a good thing I am not allowed to eat any nuts/peanuts for the next 6 months and then probably 6 months or more after that!