Tuesday, January 05, 2010

A Series of Unfortunate Events

1. I left work at 5:00.
2. I caught the #60 bus, instead of waiting three minutes for the #61 express, which passed us halfway to downtown.
3. Downtown I missed the transfer to the bus that drops me off right in front of my door... by two minutes. (I probably would have caught it if I had waited for the #61.)
4. The alternate bus pulled away just before I got to it's bus stop. (I definitely would have caught it if I had been on the #61.)
5. The next bus was incognito... right as it pulled away from the stop, it switched it's sign from "out of service" to #11. Liar.
6. I'm pretty sure the next bus was a bit late. Worse than that, however, is that we sat at an absolute standstill for over 15 minutes on Main Street. At first it seemed like there must have been some horrible accident or fire, given the number of police cruisers. However, when the first float showed up, I realized it was the Olympic torch "run". On the up side, I got to see the torch run live from the comfort of a warm bus. On the downside, I arrived home ten minutes after I would have had to leave in order to get to knitting on time. Since I hadn't eaten yet either, I decided to just stay in for the night. :P

1 comment:

Nicoya said...

Yuck, the torch run. I didn't even realize that was today, thank goodness I missed it!