Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Crafty Happenings

With the snow, the lady who normally opens up the art club didn't want to go out. Mom has a key, but it was going to be just the two of us (no one responded to mom's e-mail... well, one lady did, but then she changed her mind), so we stayed home. I was feeling tired, so I didn't paint. Things I did instead:

1. I plied the blue colonial I spun up yesterday:
Handspun
(I counted the yardage, but I can't remember what it was. Useful, huh? Since it's getting late, I won't recount now.)

2. I cut up a wool (well, 75% wool, 25% nylon) coat and put it in the wash to felt as much as it can. While I was at it I cut up the grey skirt and tossed it in to felt a bit more too. I really need to felt the green skirt some more, but I was worried about it bleeding on the cream fabric from the coat. While I was cutting things up, I made a quickie gift bag out of the biggest piece of the lining fabric from the grey skirt. You can see it in the photos in this post, being used as a backdrop.

3. I got around to making the hangers for the most recent sweater ornaments:
Hangers Added

4. I started a new Felt Wee Folk fairy:
Felt Wee Folk WIP
I think after this one has it's jacket I'll paint all the faces and add hair and caps. I love the colours in this one. :) I'll have to make one just like it for me too! (Perhaps I'll do it before I work on faces, etc... or not. I should get the two in the mail that I've made for friends.)

Tomorrow night is SNB at Chapters. I'm not totally sure which project(s) I'll bring.

2 comments:

Liz said...

How did you make your hangers? I haven't gone out for materials so I just stuck mine in the tree and they stayed, but I'd like to be able to hang them properly.

noricum said...

Pipe cleaners. :) I got a pack of a gazillion at the dollar store.