Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Brrr!

It is *nippy* out there! Winter seems to have arrived.

After sleeping all day again today, I ventured out to knitting tonight... as organizer for the stocking swap, and no decent alternate dates before Christmas, I felt I had to be there. Plus, I was treating it like a trial run for going back to work tomorrow. I seem to have survived, so back to the grind tomorrow. (Plus I figured I'd sleep better if I got out for a bit.)

Well, I need to go wash some dishes so that I'll have a clean bowl for breakfast. I was successful with two bananas, some bizarre toast-like things, wild rice, and (breaking the rules) *orange* juice, so I'm going to venture having a bowl of cheerios tomorrow morning. (I'm debating having one tonight as a trial.) For lunch I plan on packing the rest of the wild rice I cooked tonight, a banana, plain bread, and (crossing fingers) my homemade hummus. Given that I'll be at work late tomorrow (*sigh*), I'll need *something* to subsist on. I *won't* pack yoghurt though... H says milk products are a no-no until later (I use a substitute on my cereal), plus, with my intolerance, yoghurt messes with my system a bit anyway. (I plan on throwing out the last three snack containers of yoghurt... they are "best before" November 27th, and *should* be fine... but why risk it, what with my intolerance and recent illness.)

Sorry for the boring post!

2 comments:

sara said...

Glad you are on the mend.

jess said...

phew! glad to hear you survived your trip out and seem to be feeling better!