Wednesday, June 24, 2009

*blink* *blink* *blink*...


Thermometer

When I got up this morning, it was rather warm in my bedroom. I wasn't quite sure if the AC was still running, or if the fans I was hearing was just the two fans I have to circulate the AC around the apartment.

By the time I was in the hall, I could hear the AC, but I went in the kitchen to check the thermometer anyway.

*blink* *blink* *blink* ... what is this "40" I see? Is that a temperature? F or C? Inside or out?

After a moment, I woke up enough to realize that was indeed a temperature, it was for outside, and it was due to the sun shining on the outdoor temperature probe. (The probe is on the north face of the building, but the summer sun in Winnipeg is quite northerly in the morning.)

Of course, by the time I grabbed my camera, the impressive "40" had dropped to "39", and kept dropping. (That makes me wonder what it said before I saw it, though.)

No comments: