Saturday, April 19, 2008

Art Class

Today's workshop was on the figure. We had a professional model, and boy, was she good! She held *still* (unlike that art student posing back in January), even for long periods of time (up to an hour), and could go from great pose to great pose like *that*. Here's my three best sketches from today:
Charcoal Sketch Charcoal Sketch
Charcoal Sketch
That last one is my favourite. I gave the first two shown to the model, since she really liked them, and I figured I probably wouldn't take them out of my sketchbook. The last one I kept for myself, though... I think it's good enough to show (possibly sell), and I thought it would be fun to try making a painting based on it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love all of them, but the last one is my favorite! I think these are some of my favorite pieces I've seen of yours -- I am a sucker for charcoal sketches. :) They look great!

Unknown said...

They are really great. Good Job!

Sallie said...

I like your sketches. Very good. I really like that last one a lot. It would make an excellent painting.

jessie said...

Lovely, especially the third one.

sara said...

You are so talented! I like the last one a lot!

Swaha Miller said...

Wow!! You are sketching like a pro, at least to my not-very-trained eye. Going by some of the framed paintings I've seen at stores, you could start making money off of thse.

noricum said...

Thanks! That last one will be in the show this weekend, so we'll see whether it sells or not. If it doesn't, I'm going to try making it into a painting. (I can't decide whether I'm hoping it will sell for the thrill of selling something, or hoping it won't so that I can keep it!)