Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Ow Update

My head still hurts, but it's somewhat more bearable now. My puffy eyelids went down shortly after I got up, but my tongue is the same. The reason I don't want to take pain meds is because my doctor wanted them out of the angeoedema equation... so I'm waiting until that's gone.

I slept most of today, getting up occasionally use the bathroom, eat, or something similar.

I had some Tazo green ginger tea this morning. The tea settled my stomach some (I think the upset stomach was being caused by the headache pain, but I'm not totally sure), but made the following discovery: tea -> pee -> bathroom -> being vertical and exposed to light -> more pain.

Interestingly, despite drinking tea and taking sudafed both this morning and again at 3, I spent nearly the whole day sleeping. I would still be in bed sleeping, but at 5:00 I thought a hot shower might help. It didn't.

My plan for tonight is to veg on the couch (instead of SNB), and I'm considering having dinner and/or brushing my teeth. (My teeth need it, but that takes energy.) After Gilmore Girls and House, I'm planning on crawling back into bed. Hopefully that'll give me enough "up" time that I won't have problems sleeping tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're still not feeling well. I hope a good night's sleep will help.

H