Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Doc

Well, I made an appointment with my doctor. My tongue is still swollen, and yesterday I had a bit of trouble swallowing while standing at the bus stop. I was hoping for an appointment today, but I should have called earlier, or gotten up earlier, or not asked to have as many things checked out.

I figured as long as I'm going in, I might as well deal with the other stuff that's been bothering me... I want to find out if my joint pain is indeed arthritis (it *hurt* again last night), it's about time for my depression check-up, and I want to ask my doc about the occasional abdominal pain I get. The abdominal pain reminds me of when I had my kidney stones, but is only a faint pain. I figured that just meant I had wee little stones rattling around in there. Then there was an article about ovarian cancer in the paper, where the symptoms were rather unremarkable, but sounded a bit like mine. I *don't* think I have ovarian cancer, but I'd like to check with the doc that what I *do* have is likely little kidney stones. I can live with little kidney stones... especially since they're only on the one side, so if they're screwing up my kidney, I at least have a spare.

Sometimes a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. ;)

The appointment is for tomorrow at 1... so hopefully everything will get straightened out then. I'd at least like my tongue swelling to go down.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, no! Andrea, that seems like a long time to have a swollen tongue. I hope it disappears soon. The trouble swallowing is a bit too scary.

H

noricum said...

Yeah. I really was hoping for an appointment today. Oh well... if it hasn't done anything *too* bad yet, maybe it won't.

Anonymous said...

I want to say "Be careful", but that's somewhat useless advice when you don't know what caused this problem in the first place. Rats.

How about "Best wishes"?

H

noricum said...

Thanks. I'm being as careful as I can be, and taking my full dose of antihistamines.