Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Good Morning

Um, make that afternoon.

Yep, I'm tardy again. I've been so tired lately, I've been letting myself sleep in so that I don't take naps at school. Of course, that means I arrive rather late. Although, today, part of the reason I'm late is that I stopped off at the pharmacy on the way in.

Good news: my insurance provider currently has *zero* copay on generic prescriptions (yay! that saved me $37.50 for the two), and they sell pseudoephedrine HCl! I was totally out of Sudafed, and it's allergy season. However, due to idiots making meth, you have to buy the stuff from the pharmacy. But my stupid local grocery store doesn't have a pharmacy. So I had a choice of buying the fake stuff (I've heard it doesn't work as well... I don't know, but I do know the real stuff *does* work, and I don't react badly to it, so I don't want to mess with it... not with NC spring allergies!) or going to the overpriced local pharmacy. So, when I was at the school pharmacy this morning, I checked on the off chance that they did. And they did! And it was even cheaper than from my grocery store!!! Yay! So I picked up two prescriptions and a big box of generic sudafed for $3.25!!! (Or maybe it was $3.75... it was less than $4.) So, I'm happy. :)

Oh, and in other good financial news, although my milk substitute was up another 20 cents, last weekend it was on sale for $1.25 off! That's the first time they've had it on sale!!! (The sale price brings it down to what I pay in Canada... if you ignore the exchange rate.)

Even though I've had some good budget news, I didn't make my goal last month. I did come pretty close, but I was over by $26. Part of that was because I bought four months worth of the medication I get in Canada, but then I also didn't have to buy as many groceries. (Mom bought the groceries while I was home.) I am glad that I came so close.

I'm wearing Klaralund again today. I just love her so much. :)

Last night at SNB was fun! I did manage to finish the book so that it could be passed around. Between SNB and Gilmore Girls, I got four squares edged:
Afghan Square #4 Afghan Square #6 Afghan Square #24 Afghan Square #28

No comments: