Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Jackhammers

Working afternoons, my sleep schedule has become rather shifted. This morning at 8:00, I awoke to the sound of jackhammers.

Jackhammers?!? They're using *jackhammers* on the roof next door? Sheesh! I never though it would be *that* noisy! It's even causing my bed to vibrate.

The jackhammers continued for about an hour. (*grumble*)

When I left the house to go to work, I was startled to discover half the front sidewalk missing.

I guess they *weren't* being used on the roof next door. (Sleep addled brains don't think clearly. Of *course* they weren't being used on the roof!)

It will be nice not having a heaved sidewalk to trip over any more. I wonder if the crumbled back walk is missing too? I hope at least one entrance doesn't have wet cement when I get home...

2 comments:

Bethany said...

This vaguely reminds me of I time when I was growing up. Me and my parents went on vacation, and when we got back, the house across the street was gone. Just a bunch of dirt where the house had been. It was a surprise to say the least.

noricum said...

Wow... how bizarre!