Thursday, May 13, 2010

Coping

To combat my rough day, I prescribed chocolate, mind-numbing TV, and knitting.

Rough Day
Two rows of the Divine orange milk chocolate, two thirds (so far) of the Cocoa Camino caramel crunch, and one square of the Denman Island holy mole (fiery!).

TV: CSI NY, Criminal Minds, and Bones (taped, I didn't get home until after 8:30). I also caught the first half of The Daily Show before I turned the TV off.

Knitting: I finished the tip of the thumb on the thrummed mittens I'm making for a neighbour-friend... she saw mine just before Christmas.
Thrummed Mittens
Awesome timing, I know. She's old, but in good health. Hopefully she'll get several seasons of wearing out of these.

After weaving in the last two ends on the mittens, I started the toque I'm making for my brother as a birthday present:
Trilobite Hat
It's Trilobite, from Knitty. I bought the yarn in December or January. His birthday was in early April. Awesome timing with this too, huh? At least I'll be able to slip the ribbing onto a circular needle cable, so he can test the size before he heads off to California for the summer.

Oh... and while waiting for the bus on my way home, I wove in the last end of the sweater I've been working on for ages. I present two bad timer photos, without and with flash:
Kurdan Sweater, no flash Kurdan Sweater, flash
Perhaps I'll find someone to point my camera at me tomorrow in better light.

Now the question is, do I go for eight hours of sleep, or an all-night marking session? (If someone has a spare time-turner they can loan me, I'd love to do both.) Late night marking doesn't produce good progress (ask me how I know), but it's half the problem that's making me feel like crap. (The other half is the reviews that just came back from the fall course.)

On the up-side for today: I helped two students with their problems, and they were both appreciative, and think I'm awesome. (Too bad that's a half-time, temporary, dead-end job.)

4 comments:

Prairie Chicken... said...

mmmmmm chocolate

I have a 3 pack of ferrero chocolates waiting for me in my purse :)

this winter I swear I am going to learn to knit! I tried this past winter and failed horribly. A tangled mess of yarn is all I made. I need to separate the wine from the knitting lessons..

youe hand knit stuff is great :)

noricum said...

You should join a knitting group! We'd help you out. :) (The main group I'm in meets twice a month... once at McNally and once at Chapters. Let me know if you want details.)

A glass of wine can help tight knitters loosen up, but too much can be a problem! (Friends don't let friends knit drunk... especially lace!)

Thanks! >)

Prairie Chicken... said...

I'll take you up on that during the fall or winter!! :)

My friend Sherry tried to show me and either she was a bad teacher or I was too drunk to knit.

noricum said...

Cool! (Apparently I was too sleep-drunk to hit "publish" on this earlier... I thought I had.)