Tuesday, March 30, 2010

If I was a cat, I'd be dead.


Curious Signs

There has been a peculiar sequence of signs in the window of this house near where I live. I'd love to know the story behind them. The one I made up in my head involves the real owner being absent for some reason, and someone else (family? con artists?) swooping in and trying to sell it out from under him. The house had been ramshackle for quite a while. Recently there were rapid renovations, like the house was being flipped. Then a "For Sale" sign went up. Not too long later, it came down, and the signs started appearing. "No Trespassing". "No more renovations." "Home is NOT for sale BY OWNER." "I do not know XXX." Printouts of property title information. *Fascinating.* (I wish I had taken photos of some of the kookier signs.)

It may be nothing more exciting than the new owner being a recluse, and taking those flyers that real estate agents are always sending around the wrong way. (And that the "I don't know XXX" sign had to do with him still getting the former owner's mail.)

No comments: