Saturday, November 14, 2009

Ow.

Killer headache. Ow ow ow. Took painkillers, but they haven't taken effect yet.

I got eight hours of sleep last night. :) Much better than the three hours I got the night before.

The opening for the art show last night was lovely. I got *lots* of compliments on my art. The only complaints I got were that I was doing a "show", and not a "sale". ;) Only one of my paintings in the main display is for sale... the rest belong to other people. I did this on purpose, though, because I wanted to show how I started and grew into my own personal style for two different mediums. (Silk painting and acrylics.) I only got my write-ups done last night after I got home, so they'll go up this morning.

I do a silk painting demo this morning.

Yesterday I got paid for the workshop I ran. Considering the hours I put in (estimating 16 hours, including prep time), it doesn't pay as well as my other jobs (I got around $150), but it's nice, and I'll definitely do it again. I certainly got a lot of requests to hold another workshop last night. :) Today during/after the demo I'll pass around a sheet for interested club members to write down their names.

Well, my head is still pounding (perhaps my over-inflated ego is having trouble fitting in?), but I should go have my shower and get ready.

No comments: