Sunday, December 21, 2008

Desk Update

How many times can I tell you my desk is pretty before you run off and never come back?
Desktop
It *is* pretty!

Perhaps that side stuff isn't veneer... there appears to be half-inch thick wood forming the edges of the top, although I could have sworn I saw a thin piece being pulled away when my dad was taking off the one section of edging....

I don't think the bleach had any effect on the black rings. (I don't care... they add character.) The finish sure has brought the colour back to the top! I'm really happy about that. :) There is a bunch of bubbling of the veneer (from the water I used to remove the glue) that I need to repair.

I need to get that hide glue soon so that I can finish everything. I can't wait until the desk is done!

No comments: