Monday, February 12, 2007

Grrr and Birthday Weekend

The "grr" is only a bit related to the weekend, and doesn't mean I didn't have a good time this weekend. Au contraire. I had a wonderful time this weekend. However, yesterday and today my tongue seems to be somewhat swollen and tender. I suspect it is being caused by the gummy berries I had on my cake, and have been eating the leftovers thereof that weren't needed on the cake. I don't know if it's a real ingredient causing the problem, or the food dye. I am rather suspicious about the dye, since the berries are red, and I still haven't figured out if the dye in my red sweater might be causing me problems.

Anyway, on to the fun. I made some nice progress just now on my dissertation, so I decided I could reward myself by describing my weekend.

Oh, and before I forget, thanks to everyone for all the wonderful birthday wishes, and I've enjoyed reading the contest entries that have come in so far. :) I'll post the winners after the official closing date.

Friday was fun with father. (Sorry, couldn't resist all the fs.) We met at Grant Park Mall (where I finally found and bought the "There's a Hippo in my Bathtub" cd by Anne Murray), had yummy pizza at Pizza Place (bring on the nostalgia!), and watched a movie. We were going to watch "Children of Men", but they changed the schedule so that it wasn't playing until 9:20 (dinner reservations were at 5:30), so we watched "The Queen" instead. I hate how they change the movie schedules on Friday, and don't tell you what the new schedule is until Friday. :P Hey theater owners! It would be nice if you were a bit more user-friendly. Between the nuisance, cost, and the habit of setting the sound way too high, I prefer waiting for the dvd version. :P You might make more money off me if you change your ways!

Anyway, we had considered watching The Queen anyway, so it wasn't too bad, but we both preferred Children of Men. Mom and B were also hoping for a review, having heard others say it was good. (They had already seen The Queen.)

The Queen was good, but my dad would have enjoyed it more with subtitles. He's getting deaf, and the accents don't help him a bit. I had no problems.

Hmmm... enough procrastinating for now... time to do some more work. (More weekend events later.)

No comments: