Monday, July 04, 2011

Father's Day

Back on Father's day, I went out to dad's new place for dinner.
IMG_4699
It's starting to look like a home! (A home in progress, that was recently threatened with flooding, that is.)

My dad with his new old topless Mercedes:
IMG_4701
Does this mean he's having a mid-life crisis? (It has a hard top that comes off.)

Dad's dog doesn't like his wife's cat.
IMG_4704
The dog is an outside dog, and the cat is an inside cat, but I don't think things will go well for the cat if they ever end up on the same side of the door! (Or, in this case, window.)

I call the rest of this series "taking a portrait photograph of a cat is hard":

Cat has not yet noticed the camera:
IMG_4708
IMG_4709

Cat notices camera:
IMG_4710
IMG_4711

Perhaps if we distract the cat:
IMG_4712

Cat: "Why do you retreat from me? I come closer to you!"
IMG_4713

"Let me rub up against you!"
IMG_4714

I realize the cat is fascinated by the dangling strap, and try using that to my advantage:
IMG_4715
IMG_4716

Cat: "You fascinate me! Please let me rub up against you!" (They *know* when you're allergic to them, I'm sure of it!)
IMG_4717
IMG_4718

Dad pulls out the laser pointer.


Ah ha! Dad tired him out! He's sitting still!
IMG_4721
Success! (Not perfect, but he is finally posing reasonably well.)

1 comment:

sara said...

Cat pictures are indeed challenging.