Wednesday, May 19, 2010

FO and a new WIP

Observation: birthday presents get knit faster if you actually knit on them:
Trilobite Hat Trilobite Hat Trilobite Hat
Pattern printed and yarn purchased: Late December or early January.
Birthday in question: Early April.
Started knitting: Last week.
Finished knitting: Last night.
Location of the recipient: Elsewhere for the summer.

Oh well... he won't need it until next fall/winter anyway. It fits me fine, so I suspect it will fit him.

I seem to be back to thrummed mittens again:
Thrummed Mitten WIP
They're a bit of a nuisance to knit, but oh-so-nice to wear. Plus, the materials and pattern were on my coffee table, and I'm trying to clear up my coffee table. (There are a lot of projects on my coffee table, but these were in the highest strata.)

If anyone is wondering why we're having a heat wave, it's my fault... nothing like finishing thrummed mittens and toques to raise the temperature! ;)

4 comments:

sara said...

That is an awesome hat! You did a great job...as you usually do :-)

noricum said...

Thanks! :)

Heather said...

That hat is amazing.

noricum said...

Thanks! :) It's the trilobite hat from Knitty.