Saturday, August 04, 2012

But Does It Toast?

Last weekend I bought a $7, no-nonsense, not-oversized toaster. Mom asked if it toasted.
IMG_6223
"Yes."

Note to self: after purchasing a new toaster, check to see what setting it's on before using it for the first time, especially if the bread isn't frozen. Try something lower than mega-char.

I think she actually wanted to know if it toasted both sides. After picking off the burned parts, here's the other side:
IMG_6224
And the really toasted side, after:
IMG_6225
It could be more symmetric, but it'll do.

(Note: the bread is "missing" parts because these are the slices where the paddle was, and the paddle was angled such that there really wasn't much left on the other side of the hole, so I ate those bits before toasting.)

PS: Also accomplished today, since the last post:
1. Laundry
2. Primed closet shelves and supports for ends.
3. Gave doggie another walk.

Doggie is funny... it's like he speaks sign language. At one point when I looked out the kitchen window, he spotted me. He looked directly at me, then went over to the gate and looked out. Then he came back to where he could see me, looked directly at me, and then back over to and looking out the gate. (Lather, rinse, repeat.) Yes, doggie, I'll give you another walk, but not right then. ;)

No comments: