Saturday, November 12, 2011

Art Update

Today I attended a pen and ink workshop. I spent the first part of the workshop getting used to dip pens:
IMG_5273
(The bottom smears are so I can do a light-fastness test.)

Then I started a real picture:
IMG_5272
I'm quite happy with how it's turning out. :)

Last weekend was a watercolour workshop on negative space. I painted two small practice pieces before feeling tuckered-out. The first one is a close up, cropped image of an aspen twig and leaf stems:
IMG_5276
(Not that it's at all clear what it is.) The second is much more recognizable:
IMG_5274
I rather like how this one turned out.

Finally, here's another photo of Raffi:
IMG_5229
I haven't done any more on it since the last photo, but this one was taken in daylight, and so is a bit better.

No comments: