Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Heron Silk Painting

IMG_5057
I've finished. It's not perfect, but I think I'm happy. This photo was taken before I ironed, washed, and ironed (again) the painting, so the white resist lines aren't showing yet. Again, I've put some white paper behind the main part of the painting, but it's not right up against the painting in all places. I have done the ironing, washing, and ironing, but, of course, now it's not stretched. I'll take another photo after it's been stretched. (However, since it's now 2:30 am, and I don't have the backing board, stretching will wait for another time.)

Good night.

4 comments:

Shelagh Dennis said...

Andrea, the herons are beautiful!

Shelagh

noricum said...

Thank you! :D

How are you? I haven't seen you in ages!

Shelagh Dennis said...

I'm good... the hubcat & I have been working hard around the "ranch" trying to get things done before winter. I'm getting too old for this and need to sit in my rocker on the porch and knit... ;>)

noricum said...

I hear you! ;)