Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hip To Be Square

A friend of mine, R, learned to crochet a month ago. After finishing a pair of slippers, she decided to tackle an afghan. (She is fearless.) She was finding the instructions for one of the blocks a bit confusing, and so asked me to help her figure it out. The directions were rather complex, and so I decided to make it myself, to figure it out properly. So, I dug some leftover superwash wool out of my stash, and had a go at it.
IMG_5025
Another friend of mine, P, is helping to make a comfortghan for the son of an online friend who had a rather nasty car accident. The squares are 12" (what this one is supposed to be, but is working out a bit smaller... but an extra-wide border will fix that), no colour restrictions, no fibre restrictions. Assuming I finish in a reasonable amount of time (which it is looking like I will), that's where this square will end up.

Two "good deeds" with one square... not bad. :) The fact that it uses up some stash yarn leftovers is a bonus!

No comments: