Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bumblebees

Sunday after family dinner, Uncle B and I went for a bike ride. (Yay bike ride! We rode to the Forks to watch the salsa dancers. Bonus: I didn't fall off!) Afterward I stopped by my dad's for some raspberries. Mmmmm! There were a bunch of bumblebees, both on the raspberries, and on the weeds.

I caught this little fellow napping:
IMG_4897
Where are your pollen sacs, little guy? Your orange bum stripe sure is pretty!

However, most were busy working despite the late hour and cooling temperatures, like this guy:
IMG_4900
(Anyone know what that weed is? The flower part is stiff-spikey. I haven't tried looking it up yet.)

2 comments:

sara said...

Great close up!!

noricum said...

It was hard to hold everything still enough so that things weren't blurry! Especially with how quick the working bee kept moving!