Saturday, September 04, 2010

Bike Ride!

I went for a bike ride with my uncle yesterday. :) We went over the CPT... that route, without detours, is 16.75 km without detours. We went at a leisurely pace... it's much easier to cycle up the CPT if you haven't tired out your legs before you get there. ;)

We were going to stop for ice cream on the way back, but just before we got there, big, fat raindrops started to fall. We decided to just head home, to minimize how wet we got. It rained enough that we got damp... then stopped as soon as we were home. *sigh* (That's twice now that I couldn't have my ice cream reward!)

All the riverboats are docked north of the Redwood Bridge now, due to high water levels.
IMG_3752
We saw them as we biked past... the River Rouge, the Paddlewheel Queen, and the Paddlewheel Princess.

As soon as I've finished posting and had breakfast, I'm going to give my uncle another call to see if he wants to go bike riding again this morning. There's not a cloud in the sky. :) (But the ice cream place doesn't open until 2:00.)

No comments: