Saturday, September 26, 2009

Gimp

Argh. My arthritis has been acting up this week, mostly in my right knee. It bothers me at night, and then I hobble along in the morning until it gets warmed up. Last night was particularly bad. (It hasn't warmed up yet today, but it's not hurting as much as it did while I was sleeping.)

I slept late today, and I don't think I'll plan any gardening this weekend. My knee hurts today, I have a library book that is almost due, and it's supposed to rain some tomorrow. I'll just take it easy, do some work inside the apartment, and see if I can manage to be prepared for Monday's class before 2 am Monday. ;) (Preferably by 10 pm Sunday!)

I had a dream last night that I got a bunch of cleaning done in my home office, enough to move out my "temporary" (used, shoddy, particle-board) desk, and be ready to move the "new" (antique, but recently refinished to the gorgeous original wood) desk. When I got up this morning (afternoon, actually), everything was still the way I had left it last night. The dream was lifelike enough that it was a bit of a disappointment. *sigh*

Perhaps I'll manage to make progress on my office between loads of laundry.

Also on today's "to do" list:
• stop by mom's house
• write an e-mail to the art workshop coordinator on the workshop I'll be holding next month
• wash dishes (they've been piling up again since last weekend, but they're not too bad because I haven't had time to do real cooking)
• bake bread
• make hummus
• chop cabbage for cole slaw
• clean the decrepit food from the fridge
• watch some TV shows that I taped earlier this week

Already done:
• ate breakfast
• called my (third, but only remaining) grandma

Hmmm... I suspect several of today's items will spill over to tomorrow. There's other things I've been meaning to do (like sew a lunch bag for H, and do workshop preparation), but I don't think I'll get that far this weekend. I'd love to do some more work on my current painting too, but I think I'll just plan to bus my supplies to the art club on Monday. (Tuesday I'll be at the club too, but that's for the annual meeting.)

I guess I'll go have a shower and get started...

No comments: