Monday, July 27, 2009

Drama

Phew, off the hook with the gardening:
Hi A,

This was the longest email I think I have ever received, but I like your ideas. You're right, J may become upset if you remove the tree from in front of his window but you do raise some very good points. I will print out your email and pass it over to J, this way he will be able to read it over and over and get a good idea of what you are doing or plan to do. I'm all in favor of beautifying the area, so go for it but let me talk to J first before removing the trees.

Thanks,
M

In other news, I have a couple of neighbours I'd like to kick in the shins and be done with. (*sigh*)

First off, Mr Party-of-One was being a nuisance Saturday night... there was no problem when I went to bed, but I woke up to not-cigarette smoke smell in my apartment in the middle of the night. (I checked outside, and there was no one "smoking" outside that I could see.) I can't remember if it was then or later (or earlier?) that the music first started... it wasn't too loud, but it was still annoying. A few hours later I hear a noise, and looking outside, I see a pizza delivery person. Hmmm... someone get some 4 am munchies from "not-cigarette" smoking? A while later, I awaken to the sound of retching. Still no sign of someone outside, so once again I suspect my downstairs neighbour with open windows. (In addition to smoking in a building that switched to non-smoking before he moved in, he also has a cat... and the landlord and/or caretaker didn't want pets either.)

I can't remember if it was Saturday or Sunday, but I saw a group of people from the building next door smoking in a way that suggested pot as well. (They were well away from my windows, so thankfully I didn't have to smell it, but I suspect they were where they were so they'd be less visible.)

Finally, Single Mom and Sperm Donor are both trying to get me on their side. Frankly? If I were one of them, I never would have had a relationship with the other. I am on the kids' side. Given what I've seen from the two of them, I'd pick the mom over the dad, even though she's not perfect either. Plus, I have to live next to the mom. However, at the moment I wouldn't mind giving them both a kick in the shins and tell them to smarten up. Frankly, I know I don't know the whole story, but I also know that I don't really want to. I would like the kids to grow up in a healthy environment, but I know that I'm not the one that can provide it. Maybe, if they're lucky, they'll get some benefit from the time they spend with me. I hope they do. *sigh*

No comments: