Saturday, January 24, 2009

Thank you!

Thank you, for all your hugs! I do appreciate both the hugs, and all my online friends. :) (Sometimes I just need someone local, you know?) I thought I should let you know that I'm feeling a lot better today than I was the other day I posted, and one of my friends with commitments has found time to squeeze me in next Friday. :) (I think she likes it as much as I do, but it's all those dang commitments, you know?)

So... today is for laundry, taking down the Christmas decorations and tree (I *know*!), and sewing up some of the things on my list, so that I can put the sewing machine away. Plus dishes... I don't think I've washed them since last Sunday, when I had my previous marathon washing. (At least this time I was able to eat relatively normal meals with the dishes I had.)

If I get the sewing machine put away early enough, I'm going to do a little painting too. (I have to show you the *awesome* easel box my mom and Bob gave me as an early birthday present!!!!)

It would have been nice to go skating too, but at -21C, my dad chickened out, and I have a few too many things to do to go by myself. (If I have other people's schedule to work around, I feel justified in putting off chores. Otherwise I don't.) I did get out last weekend (I'll be posting that on the Swatchy blog soon, I hope), so that was nice. :) My new skates are *wonderful*!

Okay... off to take care of business. (First up, showering and getting dressed. Then I can start the laundry. I enjoy a slow start to my Saturdays.)

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I'm glad you are feeling better.

I don't know why, but I find it hard to make friends in W... I've lived in Mexico, the US and in W, and by far the hardest place to make friends has been here.

People here always seem so busy...

noricum said...

I think we suffer from inertia... once we get home for the night, we don't really like going out again. If something is in our schedule, we do it, but it's hard to add things to our schedules. ;) We get stuck in our little routines (yes, me included), and have a hard time breaking out of the rut.