Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Awesome!

Thanks to teaching this summer, I'm now on the *cool* book mailing list... I just received The Art of Computer Programming, Volume 4, Fascicle 0: "Introduction to Combinatorial Algorithms and Boolean Functions" by Donald Knuth (who happens to be my great-grandadvisor). This is much better than fifteen books on how to program in Java. :) (Not that there's anything wrong with learning to program in Java, it's just that I already know how, and there are *so* many of them! I don't need them cluttering up my bookshelf.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Knuth's books are awesome! :) (even better when you don't have to pay for them!)

Swaha Miller said...

sounds like a really cool mailing list.

The Java programming books are good for adjsuting the height of your monitors.

noricum said...

The only problem with using a Java book to adjust the height of a monitor is that I use a laptop... so that would also adjust the height of my keyboard. ;) (But I know what you mean!)