Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Crafty Stuff, Etc

Tonight I reinforced the cast on edge on the sleeves of my Weasley sweater:
Weasley Sleeves Reinforced
(Exciting stuff, eh?) My cuffs have a strangely thick edge to them now. (I had gotten used to them being thin and worn out.)

Then at the art club I painted the doll heads (it's easier to "get around to doing them" when I have the paint out anyway):
Felt Wee Folk Heads
(not perfect, but they'll do) and I worked on my Tuscany painting some more:
Painting WIP
There's only minor changes from last time:
• painted over two black areas in the peach field (removed one, made the other smaller)
• painted over top of the top of one of the black trees in preparation for making it into two trees, and so that the field didn't "mysteriously" change behind the tree
• added "shadows" beside the yellow rows in the back.
For something I thought I would be done in two workshop nights, this sure is taking a while! I think I've worked on it at least four evenings now, and I still have practically half the painting left! I do like how it's turning out, though, so it's worth the time.

For reference purposes, here's how it looked the last time I showed it to you:
Painting WIP

What? You want to see the heads on the dolls? Well, since I like you readers so much...
Felt Wee Folk WIP
(Only hair and hats to go!)

After art club I did a few rows on a blanket square. It's been a while since I've shown the blanket (I think), so I'll show it again too:
Sock Yarn Blanket WIP

No comments: