Monday, August 20, 2007

All Things Sock

Here's an update on my recent sockly activites: I finished another pair:
Crochet Socks

And started yet another pair for H:
Crochet Socks WIP
The colour is called "misty greens", and is absolutely gorgeous. After working on these on the bus, I'm now about twice as far as what is shown here. The yarn is lovely... but I've produced an alarmingly large hole in the center of my center-pull ball. I suspect these will be very short socks! It's strange... the yardage is somewhat less that I usually prefer for socks, but not that much less. (I thought!) I've created reasonable length socks from Koigu KPPPM, and this is only five yards less. Well, we'll see.

In other news, on my scrap sock yarn blanket, I wove all the interior ends in on one of the triangles. (It was easy to pick up and put down while working the Folklorama booth.) For each end, I followed the path of yarn through an inch of knit stitches. I've left an inch extra hanging on each end... I don't know if I want to sew a bit down, wash-to-felt-slightly then trim ends, or run the ends through split stitches in order to get extra security. I hate ends popping out, and want to avoid that. I also finished another square or two last week.

Well, that's all the news fit to print in all things sock around here. When I get home I'll give a sockapalooza sock watch update.

No comments: