Monday, June 04, 2012

Weeding

On my way out of the house tonight, I decided I had time to do a bit of weeding. I actually remembered to take "before" shots too:
IMG_5961
IMG_5960
IMG_5959
(If this yard looks like it was owned by someone other than the person who owned the back yard, that's because my dad's wife did the gardening in the front. It's looking neglected because, well, dad really hasn't been living here for a year.)

After:
IMG_5965
IMG_5966
IMG_5967
Not perfect, but better.

The bottom started to fall out of the box I put the weeds in as I carried it to the back:
IMG_5969
Yet another "I hope the trash people take it" item. (I hope they don't hate me!)

I was also treated to some sidewalk art courtesy the neighbours kids:
IMG_5970
IMG_5971
I meant to put a short thank-you note in their mailbox before I went home, but forgot. (I think they used my walk because theirs are made from bricks, which don't work as well for larger drawings. I don't care why... it was still a delightful surprise.)

No comments: