Friday, August 18, 2006

Toenail Clippers

Toenail Clippers
Toenail Clippers

When packing for this extended second date, I was trying to not over-pack. (After all, we needed to fit cabin, camping, conference, research, and wedding gear for two all in J's mini.) I clipped my toenails before I left. "I don't need to pack my toenail clippers," I thought, "my toenails don't grow that fast!"

Wrong.

Dollar store: no clippers.

Drug store: three options... a packaged pair for $4.79, a packaged pair with ugly red plastic thingy for $4.99, and the "jar o' clippers" for 2.99. (Blimey! These things aren't cheap around here! I could get the jar o' clippers type for 99 cents in Chapel Hill.)

I couldn't see any noticable difference between the packaged and jarred varieties (beyond the lack of excess packaging), so I went for the jarred clippers. They looked to meet nicely (granted, the Chapel Hill ones mostly didn't), and didn't have any nicks. Cheaper version wins.

I go to clip my nails.

Holey batman! These things are curved the other way! What's up with that?!? Will they work?

Answer: yes. Even for the big toes, which I normally have to use scissors for.

Cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha! I can laugh because i know!

[we now keep a pair of toenail clippers in our glove compartments of our cars, plus I keep a pair in my desk at work, and multiple pairs around the house. The $.99 ones are usually way too small to do my super thick toenails and also cut them funny such that it annoys me. I am a bit OCD about my finger and toenails... ]