Monday, August 14, 2006

Kingston

Hello there... just a brief post before bed. I'm now in Kingston, ON, attending CCCG. J and I are staying in a cute B&B. The conference is fun so far.

On Sunday, before we left Montreal, we went to see the Tam Tams. I have photos... I may upload some eventually, but not tonight. The Tam Tams may claim to be the "drums of peace," but two people threw things at me, apparently merely because I was wearing my Canada hat. :P

On the way here Mini lied to us, and ran out of gas one block from the reception. Mini claimed to have another 28 miles of gas. (It has a display that says how much is left, and John has had it under 5 miles before.) We were somewhat peeved with Mini... especially since it ended up being hard to get a gas can late on a Sunday night. (We went after the reception... we were able to push Mini to a legal parking spot.) It took us three gas stations to find a container, and even then it was only a windshield washer fluid container from the back of the attendant's car. (And that gas station was even closing when we pulled up! J tipped the guy.) Getting the gas from the container into Mini was a bit messy, but got easier after I held the backflow valve open with the supplied conference pen.

I finished the coronet... just a few ends to weave in. I've started my red socks.

Time for bed... good night! I'll post photos another time. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

our (ex-)bmw had that display and it was accurate to a point, depending on how you were driving... ;)

I don't get people throwing things at you for wearing a Canada hat in Montreal!! :)

Hope you guys have a good trip!