Monday, August 28, 2006

Orange

Hello there... I was wondering if any of you can help me out? I'm looking for scraps of orange yarn. Any weight, fiber, or texture is fine, and a few meters (or less?) is fine.

See, I have a friend who likes orange. I want to knit her something for Christmas, but I was having trouble thinking of what. Then I got this really neat idea... I could knit a little stuffed orange cat, and if I changed yarn every few rows, it would look like a crazy orange stripped tabby. (I'd hold really skinny yarns together with a thicker one to prevent holes from appearing.) Do you think that would work? Would it look neat, or gawd-awful?

Problem is, I don't have a gazillion bits of leftover orange yarn in my stash. I'm not sure I want to buy balls, since I'll only be using short lengths of each.

Now, this is the second request I put on my blog recently. (I previously asked for sock yarn leftovers.) It's not nice of me to keep asking without offering something in return. I don't like being mean and selfish. So, if you have scraps you can send me, please let me know if I can send you something in return?

Hmmm... if I end up with enough scraps, maybe I can make two cats, and have a contest for the second where anyone who sends me yarn (either orange scraps or sock yarn leftovers) will be entered to win?

12 comments:

Deneen said...

How neat (the contest)!

Anonymous said...

orange yarn! I think I can help you out, though some of mine is of the variegated orange-yellow variety... would that work? in any case, I will rummage through the stash. :) Since I'm collecting sock yarn scraps for you anyway, I can just include them all together! :)

noricum said...

Thanks! Hmmm... I think orange-yellow would work.

sara said...

I don't have any orange yarn, but I hope you decide to post a pic when the wee beastie is done :-)

And thanks for helping out with the feed thing.

noricum said...

Sara: Of course, and not a problem! :)

Anonymous said...

how about half a skein (or more) of orange yarn? will that do?

remember the duck i was working on for my niece, back before you left chapel hill. it had orange feet and an orange beak and now i'm stuck with a whole lot of orange yarn i'll never again use. just pass it on to someone else if you have any left when you're done.

if you email me your address i can mail it to you.

noricum said...

Cool, Thanks! :)

Dot Com Mom said...

Send me your snail mail address. I have some nice cotton orange from when I was making pumpkin hats.

Dandy said...

I have some orange yarn too... I'll look thru my stash, I'd just need your addy again...;~)

I think it'll look cool.. can't wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

Half a skein of orange yarn is on its way! I stopped by the post office today on the way in to work. Enjoy!

noricum said...

Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Let me know if you still need some orange, I can help you out! I need to thin my stash in preparation for my move anyway, so e-mail me your address if you want! :)