Saturday, August 05, 2006

Division of Labour

Today we're doing laundry, because I've run out of undies. (It's hot. I sweat. I don't like wearing soggy undies.) However, first we went down to the green market to buy some ingredients so my sweetie can cook me some more delicious food. Now that we're back, he's cooking and I'm doing laundry.

Are you curious what wonderful stuff J is cooking for me? Well, let me tell you.

First, there are appetizers: olive bread (green market) with oil and dipping spices, and olives and marinated garlic (Whole Foods). Each is tastefully displayed on a different plate.

After setting out the appetizers, J started preparing the main meal-to-come... fish (green market) with made-from-scratch jerk sauce, and made-from-scratch mushroom tortelloni with made-from-scratch pesto.

Mmmmm!!!!

And what am I doing? Um, well, I divided the laundry into piles, and now am merely transferring loads from floor to coin-washer to coin-dryer, then folding. Speaking of which, it's nearly time to flip a load.

Somehow I think I got the better end of the deal... what do you think? (I did offer to help. Honest.)

No comments: