Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Sunshine Socks

Crochet Socks
Crochet Socks

These remind me of sunshine, blue skies, and, as Heather pointed out, bachelor buttons (the flower). :) This pair doesn't qualify for Summer of Socks, because I started them before the official start of the knit-along.

I did some unpacking last night, and so managed to have both these and the yarn needed to finish them accessible.

My next pair of socks will be for J, using the leftovers and the extra ball of blue variegated yarn I bought. :)

I'm wearing the Regia Surf socks I finished last night. Mmmmmm.

In other news, I saw a burning warehouse on the way to school. Flames were shooting out of the upper windows, firemen were spraying water, and black smoke drifted up to the sky. I only rubbernecked briefly from the bridge, well away from the blaze, while J was driving.

3 comments:

LadyLinoleum said...

I need to crochet socks. Hell, I need to knit some socks too. Not enough hours during the day to experiment right now.

I received the book yesterday! Thanks girlfriend! Lots of inspiration to be had in there I tell ya...

Anonymous said...

Awesome socks! You have the brightest most colorful socks. The sunshine with a smidge of blue sky rocks.

Anonymous said...

Cool yellow sock! Make me a pair? PLEASE!
xoxo
Zoe

P.S. I'm taking your sleeping bag to Boston for my summer vacation.