Monday, July 03, 2006

Riding Down Memory Lane

Graffiti
"Turn off your TV. Think for yourself."

Today mom, Bob and I rode our bikes down to the Forks and the Manitoba Legislature and back.
Me & Folks
(Mom and Bob had helmet too, but had taken them off for our rest stop.)

At the Leg (pronounced "ledge"), there was an art show featuring northern and rural Manitoba artists, so we went in and browsed. Here's some of my favourites:
Art
Art
Art
Art

After looking at all the art, we noticed that a free tour of the Leg was about to start, so we joined. Here's a photo of the room where stuff happens:
Manitoba Legislature
I found it interesting that among the other art, there was a sculpture of Moses with the Ten Commandments. That would be a big no-no in the USA... although the Christians would love it.

River Walk
On our way back along the riverwalk, I got a real blast from the past... Justin, who I went to grade school with. He recognized me right away, but I didn't recognize him until he took off his sunglasses. (Even then it took me a second... I'm slow, I guess, and he's changed some.) It's strange seeing people from grade school, now that they're no longer in grade school, and have families and real jobs and stuff like that. (Well, the others do... still working at getting out of school...) Somehow I remember them how they were, and forget just how many years have passed.

After lunch I had a nap... biking in the morning really wore me out!

(aside: it's really getting late, so here's the rest of this post in short form.)

After nap, did some gardening, including the remaining planting:
Flowers Flowers
and massacring pruning a shrub:
Shrub

More on these tomorrow:
Temari Balls

No comments: