Saturday, July 15, 2006

Miscellany

Hmmm... where was I? I last blogged on Thursday, I think.

Update on J's student: her, her mom, and two other people J know have made it safely out of Beirut. They're still in Lebanon, but in a safer location.

Friday J and I stayed home to work, since H's kid wasn't feeling well. (Hmmm... I have signs of an impending cold too... I evicted a few green nose goblins this morning.) I did get some work done, but not a lot. I had some *niiiiiiice* naps. ;) After lunch J and I walked over to the post office to pick up my KnitPicks package. (I forgot to photograph that and the sock yarn that arrived Thursday... and now I'm too lazy to unpack them to show you. Sorry.) On the way over we stopped in to look at the fish and coral at The Saltwater Connection. Clownfish are *so* fun!
Clownfish
I couldn't get a very good shot, because I didn't want to startle them with a flash.

We also got slurpees while we were out. My orange slurpee with a yellow straw happened to match what I was wearing:
Slurpee
This 7-11 has a medium selection... not huge, but better than some places. (J counted 10 flavours.) J was amazed that they had changed some of the flavours since the last time we were in.

I finished up a bag last night so that I could full it with the laundry today:
Lunch Bag (pre-fulling)
It's going to be an insulated lunch bag (yay felted wool!), and is based on the Sophie Bag pattern.

Here's where I am with my current socks in progress:
Crochet Socks in Progress
These are for myself. :) They're cotton Regia Surf, and will be pair #3 for Summer of Socks.

In other mail, I got a little package with a note and postcard for participating in a naming contest:
Misc
The leaf is one I made out of the leftovers from the lunch bag. I was going to use it to decorate the lunch bag, but it's pretty small. I'll find something to do with it, though. (I couldn't be bothered to take a separate photo of it.)

Today we're doing laundry. We had a nice lazy morning... we slept late, had breakfast, read some news, then had a nap. ;) Last night I got a bit of unpacking done, and I hope to get more done today. Beyond that, we don't really have plans. ...Oh... but I think I'll go visit my dad's raspberry bushes... they're overloaded right now! Yum!!!

1 comment:

sara said...

Look at all the Nemos! :-)