Thursday, August 04, 2005

Ready, Set, Felt!

Sophie
Sophie

I'm a bit slow, but not entirely stupid. Tonight I realized that although sliding the stitches along an entire circular was not a great way to make icord, slipping three stitches from one needle to the other was entirely manageable. Sophie is now spinning around my washing machine!

My icord wasn't perfect, but hopefully felting/fulling will take care most of my icord's sins. I also haven't mastered the Kitchener stitch... after stitching the six stitches up, I realized my seam looked more like a purl row than a knit row. However, I decided that a purl row would be just fine. After all, it's my first Sophie, and now it has a few quirks, just like me. ;)

I'll post the final photo later, when the felting process is done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the thing I learned while kitchenering lots of sock toes is that you have to pull it tighter than you think you should. As long as you get the pattern of the kitchener right and then pull it tight, you should be golden!

noricum said...

I did pull it tight... I think I just got it "upside down". However, it's completely unnoticeable in the finished, felted bag. :)