Monday, August 29, 2005

Funding Clarification

I just wanted to be clear that I will be okay without funding this term. I have money saved up from when I was working co-op positions in undergrad, and also because I spent a bit less than I earned for my first several years here. Also, since I've had all summer to mentally prepare (and a good dose of Prozac), it's not going to affect my mental state. It just means I'll have less to put towards a down payment on a house when I graduate. Or to stash away for retirement... it's been several years since I've contributed to an RRSP in any sort of significant way. That's life. Hopefully my earnings upon graduation will make up for a bad year. ;)

My situation isn't nearly as bad as a friend of mine down here... she's in the school of nursing, doesn't get funded as well as I do in the first place, is also a foreigner, and just found out that she got an F in a course she took last spring because the teacher is retiring and doesn't feel like dealing with the incomplete. An F in grad school means that you're kicked out, and, as a foreigner, she has thirty days to fix things or get kicked out of the country. A term without funding rather pales in comparison, don't you think?

Anyway... I may still get funded. I'll find out for sure tomorrow.

No comments: