Thursday, August 11, 2005

Dancing at the Dutch Pavilion

Dancing at the Dutch Pavilion
Dancing at the Dutch Pavilion

Tonight dad, O. and I only had time for one pavilion, because dad had something else at 6, and I can't stay up late for the last show. (Not when I have to be up at 6:50 the next morning!)

We lined up for the Ukranian pavilion, but there were too many people wanting in. We rushed over to the Dutch pavilion which was nearby. The show had already started, but we enjoyed what was left. I got pulled into a Dutch version of a mambo line at the end of the show. I bought a little souvenir for myself, and another for my "secret sister." (Hmmm... I should get that button on my blog one of these days....)

They had a neat pipe-organ thingy:

Draaiorgel De Boomstam

And look! It uses punch cards:

Look!  Punch cards!

(I snapped several photos... who knows when I'll be teaching "history of computing" again....)

Here's a guy changing the music:

Changing the music.

I hope you had a fun evening too!

No comments: