Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Post Office

I made a forray over to the post office today at lunch. Foolish me, thinking a half hour was plenty of time... little did I realize that their sale books were marked down to 50% off the already discounted price. *sigh* I managed to make it through with only a brief browse, and two purchases. It's cooler than last week, but I was still sweaty after walking across campus.

One other thing I'm somewhat annoyed about is that I packaged up Deneen's RAOK socks without taking a picture first. (It's random, but not a surprise... I had to ask her what size her feet were.) I could have opened them up, but didn't feel like wasting the envelope. Deneen, when you get the socks, will you e-mail me a photo? Thanks! I hope you like them. :)

I started a new pair of socks... fun lime green and ultramarine blue! I made a fair amount of progress today too... I needed to stay awake for a friend's dissertation practice talk. (I'm glad I got to see her practice talk, because she's defending while I'm gone. It seems like a while since I've worked on socks for me. It probably hasn't been, but it feels like it. ;)

I haven't had a chance to go shopping for my secret sister yet, but I've already got a few things in my stash I think she'll like. Maybe I'll make it to Ram Wools when I'm in Winnipeg. I really shouldn't go... that store is *dangerous*!

Hmmm... I can't think of what else I was going to say. I think my brain is a little fried from trying to understand the defense on theorem-proving.

1 comment:

Deneen said...

I can't wait!!!!! You know I'll do a pic!!!!!