Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dang.


Dropped Stitch

You see that stitch marker down near the bottom, far from the knitting needles? That's holding a dropped stitch. I discovered this dropped stitch when it came time to attach the sleeve to the sweater body. *After* I cut the yarn, of course.

Options:
1. Secure the stitch and leave the sleeve as is.
2. Reknit the sleeve.

I think I'm leaning towards the second option. However, I won't make the decision tonight. (I may even start a third sleeve with fresh yarn, just to be on the safe side. I bought plenty of yarn, since I wasn't sure if I'd knit this size, or one size larger.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't you hook it up through the rows? Even if it seems tight, it ought to settle down after the thing is washed. I always use my trusty crochet hook.

noricum said...

I thought about that, but the dropped stitch is in a spot that would put it between the increases (and thus would still be different from the other sleeve), and although that would produce an additional stitch, it wouldn't make the sleeve any larger, since it would tighten the gauge.