Monday, September 04, 2006

Sunday: Montreal to New York

On Sunday we packed up our belongings and drove back to New York. We decided to make a relaxing day of it, and took a scenic route.

First major stop: Ben & Jerry's. We took the tour, which wasn't as exciting as it could have been due to production only being on weekdays. J had planned to get a Vermonster, but we ended up going for a somewhat tamer amount of ice cream. I had a three scoop waffle cone with "chocolate therapy", "oatmeal cookie chunk", and "berry berry extraordinary". Each was yummy, but I should have gone for "phish food" and "chocolate fudge brownie" instead of those last two... I didn't get nearly enough chocolate for a proper "fix". (The oatmeal scoop was the largest, and chocolate therapy was on top... leading to the yummy chocolate being overpowered by the later two non-chocolate varieties.)
Ben and Jerry's

Afterwards we drove along scenic routes. (We took scenic routes to B&J's too, but I didn't drag my camera out.) Here's a sample of what we saw:
Lincoln Gap, VT
Somewhere in Vermont
I tried sticking my camera out the sun roof to get clearer photos, but apparently that really affected my aim:
Somewhere in Vermont
so I went back to taking through-the-window photos:
Somewhere in Vermont

We also stopped at Lake George (the town) on Lake George (the lake):
Lake George, NY
Lake George, NY
According to the sign, "we drink the water; do not feed our feathered friends; they pollute." However, unless the ducks have started ordering meals on paper plates and pizza boxes, and are drinking sodas, lattes, and beer... I don't think "our feathered friends" are the ones we really need to worry about.

We had a lovely day. :)

No comments: