Monday, September 25, 2006

A Bit Nippy

We've been getting lovely, crisp fall weather recently. This morning, I got the following e-mail from my brother:
So I had an interesting experience this morning. I went upstairs to close the windows, since it got a bit brisk overnight...

I closed the east window, all fine and dandy, then I went over to the west window, and I was like "oh hey, there's a bird sitting on the screen".

So I did what any normal person would do, I walked up to it and expected it to fly away.

But it didn't.

So I looked in reeeeal close at it, and he just sorta sat there.

So I blowed on him a little, thinking he'd smell my evil humanness and fly away. Nope.

So I poked him. *poke* *flutter*... *poke* *flutter again*.

So I got my camera.

http://ubb.ca/~nicoya/2006-09-25-Bird/2006-09-25-Bird.html

I finally got him to fly away after poking him about 20 times.
Methinks the bird didn't like the crisp air last night! (It went down to 6C overnight.)

I gave the compost pile another turn this morning before work. There weren't any wasps there at the time. You know, it's amazing what 24 hours will do to a freshly turned compost pile... nice and loose and lots of decomposition! I still have some apples to bury, but it's considerably better than it was. Tonight I'll open the bottom, and shovel some of the fullly decomposed stuff on top. I didn't have time this morning.

No comments: