Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Portage & Main

IMG_4538
It was a bit interesting getting to work today, with the rabid hockey fans taking over Portage & Main. (They tried to get them to go to the Forks, but gave in and closed the intersection.)

You know, if you hear the radio reporters say "NHL" too many times, it starts to sound funny and unrecognizable.

I feel sorry for the Moose. Apparently they're getting shipped off to Newfoundland. (Which looks like a really pretty place to visit in summer, and I've been dreaming of having a painting vacation there, but I'm not sure I'd want to be on a hockey team being shipped there.)

2 comments:

jess said...

I thought of you last night when the news was almost official. Things must be totally insane there today! (and my friends in atlanta are very sad -- I went to college there and played hockey with a lot of hockey fans who adopted the team when they expanded there :) -- of course WPG understands that too!)

noricum said...

I'm not really a watcher of hockey, but I think it would have been better if the Phoenix team came home... after all, they were ours before. I find it strange that the NHL wants teams down where it's hot. How can you have a hockey culture where the kids can't play it in the streets and back yards? I know there was a small group that really got into it, but it's not the same.